Xander is at that cute age where he’ll ask one of those humorous questions that only a 5-year-old can pose or just spout an entertainingly random thought. Here are but a handful of his latest quotables from left field:
- When I’m a grandpa, will [pet turtle] Crush still be alive?
- Are you going on the freeway? I hate the freeway because there’s no trees and no sidewalks
- What if everything was made of cotton candy? I’d eat EVERYTHING!
- Papa, don’t drink too much coffee or it will make you little!
- What are chemicals? (and then, just moments later, looking up at the restaurant door we were sitting near) … Does that say “EXIT”?
- When you get old, can I … (pause) … When I’m an adult … (phew! This is about HIM, not about ME being an old guy!) … can I have the [garage] remote? (HUH?! I guess he meant I won’t be needing it when he’s old enough to drive himself to school!)
You can’t make this stuff up….